Saturday, December 20, 2008

Will I lose my contact lenses on a rollercoaster?

I haven't been to an amusement park since getting my contact lenses, but I'm going in a few weeks. There are some pretty good rollercoasters there and I plan to ride them. Will I lose my contacts from the wind force? I'd take them out while there, but I can't see a thing without them.
you can loose your lunch, you can loose your hat but not your contacts. i sometimes wear contact and its perfectly fine. the only thing is make sure you take eye drops. because of the wind (due to the speed of the coaster) your eyes could get dry. other than that you are fine. i have never even lost glasses when i have been on coaster... although i always had them strapped in so that might be why.
Not if you keep them properly moisturized. I keep my rewetting drops in my pocket when I go to amusement parks just in case they get a little dry.The only coaster I have ever been on where I felt the edge of my contact starting to flutter was Millennium Force at Cedar Point. It reaches 93 mph and doesn't slow down for anything. I closed my eye for a couple seconds and it was fine for the rest of the ride.

same i wear contacts and i have done the craziest thing with them on going swimming with it on and sleeping all night with it

ive been to 6 flags a bunch and times and it will not fall off...unless its the hard onesand i am totally blind without them

It is possible. I've lost a contact on a Cedar Point roller coaster. It's only happened once, though. Now I just pack an extra pair just in case, but haven't lost another one.

I think you should be ok, I wear my contacts safely. Although it might not hurt to throw an extra/spare contact in your bag just in case.

I didnt, they can get a little dry, bring drops and an extra set of contacts just in case, but you'll be fine.

No comments: